The Warm Home Discount Scheme 2021/22 is open now.
Remember, even if you've had the Warm Home Discount Before with another supplier, you need to re-apply for it again every year
For further information on the Warm Home Discount scheme, please visit GOV.UK
What is the Warm Home Discount Scheme?
The Warm Home Discount scheme (WHDS) offers a one-off payment of £140 (inclusive of VAT) towards the energy bills of those who need it most in England, Scotland and Wales.
The scheme was introduced by the government in April 2011 and managed by energy suppliers. The money isn't paid directly to you - it's a one off discount that's credited to your energy account, prepayment card or key, during the winter - providing you qualify for the payment
Core group (Pension Credit customers)
If you're a Pension Credit customer you'll be automatically considered for the discount and the Government will have written to those who are eligible for the winter 2021/2022 discount in autumn 2021.
You may qualify for this energy discount if both of the following apply:
- You're the account holder or partner of the account holder 4th July 2021 (the qualifying date)
- You receive the Guarantee Credit element of Pension Credit (whether or not you receive the Savings Credit as well)
If you meet the above conditions, you don't need anything else to get your discount in 2021/2022.
To find out more about the eligibility criteria, please visit this page:
What you need to know
You'll need to apply for the scheme each year in order to be considered for payment and we reserve the right to close the scheme to applicants at any point. In order to complete a registration we'll need details of all the benefits you receive and amounts, as well as any other household income. Please also keep any correspondence you may have confirming household income or benefits gained, as you may be asked to provide documentary evidence to support your claim, as required by Scheme Guidelines.
*clicking apply here will redirect you to the British Gas Warm Home Discount Page, Nabuh Energy are part of British Gas.
Who's eligible for the Warm Home Discount Scheme?
The Warm Home Discount Scheme separates eligible households into two groups — the 'core group' and the 'broader group'.
Broader group (existing Nabuh Energy customers)
The 'broader group' applies to existing Nabuh Energy electricity customers. You must continue to be in supply of your electricity with Nabuh Energy when the payments are made in winter 2021/2022. Payments will be made between 1st January and 31st March 2022.
To qualify, you must be the account holder or partner of the account holder and are required to meet one of the following criteria:
- In receipt of the State Pension Credit (unless already qualifying as part of core group)
- In receipt of one of the following means-tested eligible benefits
- Income Support
- Income based Jobseekers’ Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (which includes a work-related activity or support component)
- Universal Credit (low income elements)
- Pensioner Premium or Higher Pensioner Premium or Enhanced Pensioner Premium
- Limited Capability for work element with or without Work Related Activity element
And the benefit must include one of the following:
- Child element for children aged 5 or under
- Disabled child element
- Have a gross annual household income (HHI) of less than £16,190 and at least one of the following applies:
- The account holder is living with mental or physical disability or illness
- The account holder is of pensionable age
- There's a child living in the house aged 5 or under
- You spend 10% or more of household income on energy bills to heat your property
Please note, we may ask you for documentary evidence to support your claim, as required by Scheme Guidelines.