Help and Advice

Emergencies

Is your Electricity/Gas off supply?

Call our emergency engineer Helpline on:

0330 9957 993

*Please note we only have the facilities to deal with emergency engineer bookings on this line. If you require assistance with your account in any other way, please call our customer service line during our opening hours.

 

Can you smell Gas or suspect a Gas leak?

Call the National Gas Emergency Helpline on:

0800 111 999
  • Do open windows and doors.
  • Do turn off gas at the meter (unless it’s located in the cellar or basement).
  • Do turn your gas appliances off.
  • Do not smoke, light a match or use any kind of naked flame.
  • Do not use light switches, doorbells or any electrical switches.
  • Do not return to your home until you’ve been given the all clear.

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Carbon monoxide is a poisonous gas that has no smell or taste. Breathing it in can make you unwell, and it can kill. Incorrectly installed, poorly maintained or poorly ventilated household appliances that burn fuels such as gas, oil, coal or wood are the most common sources of carbon monoxide. As of October 2015, if you live in a rental property in England, it’s a legal requirement for your landlord to install a smoke alarm on each floor of your premises, and a carbon monoxide detector in rooms containing a solid fuel appliance. If you are worried about carbon monoxide escaping from a gas appliance, call the National Gas Emergency Hotline on:

0800 111 999

Electrical Power Cut

If you experience a power cut, for help and advise call:

105