We may install a prepayment meter if:
- You’ve asked that we do this so that you can better manage your energy use by paying for it before you use it; or
- You’ve asked that we do this because we’ve agreed that you can repay any outstanding debt to us this way; or
- You haven’t kept to a debt repayment plan previously agreed between you and us; or
- You’ve asked that we do this rather than pay us a security deposit where we’ve asked that you do so; or
- We’re unable to agree another suitable way in which you can repay any outstanding debt to us.
We won’t charge you for having a prepayment meter installed at your home. However, we may at our discretion charge you for any additional costs we incur in completing the installation, for example, if we need to get a warrant from a magistrate to enter your home to install the prepayment meter.