Looking to save money on your energy bills? Not only does switching to Nabuh Energy allow you to cut costs, but we have come up with 10 tips to help you save even further.
Heating the home
1. By turning the thermostat down by even only 1 degree, you will be able to save as much as £60 a year! Couple this up with wearing warmer clothes indoors, such as socks, slippers and a jumper, you will be able to see the savings mount up as you don’t us blast the heating as much.
2. On a sunny day, let the sun heat your home by opening your curtains and letting the warmth in, similarly, when it gets colder, the curtains being closed will keep the heat in!
3. Follow the trend and bulk prep your meals. By cooking many meals in one oven, you are being efficient with the energy used with the oven. This also allows you to ensure your fridge and freezer are filled, which in turn uses less energy than it would to cool/freeze empty ones!
4. After cooking, why not leave your oven open in order to heat the room? A way more efficient way to use all that energy than throwing it out with the extractor fan.
Energy saving with your washing
5. Wash your clothes at 30-40 degrees. A washing machine uses 90% of it’s energy on heating the water. By lessening the heat, you can keep clothes clean and save money!
6. Air drying your washing rather than using your dryer will save you heaps of cash! This is an especially effective method during the warmer or windier months.
Save with your appliances
7. Make sure to unplug all of your appliances that you are not using regularly – even chargers (as they still use energy even when they are not charging). This also means you should keep an eye out for appliances that may be left on standby. By ensuring they are off at the socket or unplugged) you are ensuring they are off and saving you money!
8. Something work looking into is loft insulation. Heat rises, and when it does, you want to ensure you are keeping as much as you can in your home. As much as 25% of the heat in your home can be disappearing through your loft space!
9. Having solar panels installed on your house could save you up to a third on your electricity bills, many Government schemes have installers that may install for free, something that is worth looking into!
10. If you fall into a particular category, need help with the cost of home improvements or are struggling with your energy bills, there are always opportunities available to you. Speak with your local Citizens Advice Bureau for signposting and information to local schemes that may be able to help with any issues you may be currently facing.